Teryx HQ banner

Why Kawasaki Teryx

8K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  codyo 
#1 ·
So with all the choices out there why did you go with the Kawasaki Teryx?
I bought my Brother's 08' Teryx for cheap money. Had I too buy a new machine would I be on a different forum? Don't get me wrong I love my Teryx and I like the new Teryx too.
So why did you choose Teryx?

#2 ·
because they didn't have the Commander yet. I liked it way better than the Rhino, the Ranger is only a work horse, no play, and the Razor is just a play toy no work.

Teryx is a good combo, good platform and lots of fun to drive.

#3 ·
I've owned kawasaki motorbikes and had great luck with them so trusted the name. I also wanted to have the box on back for my hunting and camping expiditions so the RZR was out. I wanted bucket seats so the ranger was out. Didn't have anything against a rhino but the nearest dealership was much further away, and they weren't making any at the time (2010) The wife loves it..... happy wife.... happy life!

#4 ·
I have been a honda man but dont like the big red. Was going to buy a rhino. Stopped by a kawasaki dealer and the owner asked me if i had ever drove a rhino and told him yes. He said wait right here. He then pulled up to me in a teryx and said here, go around that building and stand on it. WOW!!!!! I was so impressed with the power and leg room. Bought it right on the spot.

#8 ·
I guess (dont know for fact) but there seems to be more kawasaki 750 motors out there. They are on brutes,street bikes and teryx's. I dont know of any polairs street bike just snowmobile stuff which i dont see down here in the south. Can am just came back to life it seems to me. Kinda like the old chevy 350. Tons of them around meaning odds of more people modding them giving all of us more options due to expeirence.

#10 ·
I got my Teryx so my wife could ride with me and when we got it the Commander was already out but after a test drive of the Commander 800 at my local dealer I was immediately disappointed at the amount of "Nanny Tech" on them. I loved the fact that it has two sets of keys (one that restricts the power and speed and the regular key) but I really don't like the idea of a drive-by-wire system and that "Intelligent Throttle Control" feature felt invasive and my wife felt inconfortable riding it. We tried the RZR but it doesn't have a real bed and the dealer wasn't willing to give us a pricw. My wife saw the Monster Edition Teryx at the Kawie dealer and she liked it right away and since it was an 09 model and it was november of 2010 when we bought it the owner was more than willing to make a deal. The Teryx is definately not the fastest, the strongest or the most capable but it does everything very well and I am more than happy with mine.

#12 ·
I understand completely, I have a 2006 Rhino and a 2009 Teryx, the Teryx looks like a Rhino on steroids, you can tell that the Kawi engineers had a Rhino on paper when they built the Teryx, a little bigger and every thing is just built a little stronger and the v-twin 750 just blows the single cylinder 660 or 700 out of the water, the Kawi 750 v-twin just has so much potential, you just have to unleash the BEAST!!
I think it is probally the most de-tuned motor of any of the side by sides.

#14 ·
Not sure what the word strongest is meant to mean, it does not have the stock hp that some of the other machines, I think it is the strongest built as far as construction, and if you are talking about pulling or towing strength, I think that with a vforce john clutch with the right spring and wieghts it would out pull any of the competition in a towing contest.

#16 ·
Yes the mule is a work horse but it is in a different class of machines. I had several friends that had mules that they used around the farm, but it just never fit my needs. side by sides never interested me until the Rhino came out which changed the side by side industry forever, it started to appeal to atv quad riders as a play/work machine, once I bought my first Rhino I sold my quad and never looked back.

#18 ·
I bought my 08 new cheaper out the door than I could get a rhino, I've always been a yamaha 2 stroke and honda 4 stroke since 02 450 guy, and I new the rhino was reliable but narrow and under power and I planed on four seat before I even started shopping. I have no complaints about my rex except I can't stop dumping money in it I'm like a crack head I just can't stop.

#19 ·
For the money, the Teryx cannot be beat. It is a SOLID and dependable machine. You can get a Teryx for less than a STD 50" RZR 800 LE. That is a bargain for what you get. When I bought my 08 Teryx a Rhino 700 was 4K more.

The Commander 1000 is also detuned as much or more than the Teryx.

#21 ·
Mine is a used 08', so the money spent was real cheap for a SxS compared to anything new.

But buying New. Kawi LE is right there with the New Can-Am 800 XT and depending on the dealership (I priced a Kawi LE vs Can Am 800 XT) there was $500.00 with Kawi leading, but drive both and look at options!

Can-Am has it over everything in today's market that has a dump bed.
The ONLY 2 things that scares me from buying a 800XT today is 1) this Suck butt Economy and (2 All that Can Am Fly By Wire! Talk about depending 100% on electronics.

I would REALLY like to see Kawi come to the stage with something to take on the 800XT, nevermind the bigger and faster 1000XT or X.

#22 ·
Kawasaki needs to make a sport model like polairs' razor with a nija 1000 motor and make the teryx for the utility market like polairs makes the ranger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.