Teryx HQ banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to know everyones reason for purchasing their Kawasaki Teryx. I know there may be many, however, I am just curious if there was that one thing that really stood out. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of similar answers, however, maybe there will be some others. So what was it, the v-twin motor, suspension, looks, etc?

In my case there are two really big reasons for my decision, but if I had to choose, I would have to say the v-twin motor.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Had a kz1000 in early 80's, after many rides on other bikes, none compared... I was just hooked on Kawasakis. So...I guess I'm a Kaw fan and didn't want any other. My first RUV ride was on a Polaris, seemed sluggish to me, like it just wanted to move...but could'nt - not the way I wanted it to, next tried the Rhino - honestly...I really liked the Rhino... in my area they are the hot sellers but too pricey here. It just made sense...the Teryx seemed like it was waiting to be unleashed, compared to the feelings I got from the other 2, plus it was about a grand cheaper...I was amazed. So it was the Kawasaki name and a gut feeling, I couldn't be happier either.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I had a few reasons. I like the vtwin what a great powerplant for upgrades. I also like the extra width it has stock. I am a sucker for owning something new and differant than everyone else so that could have had something to do with it also.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The extra width was actually my other reason...the stability of the machine is fantastic in my opinion.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I assumed, all pretty much the same reasons.

So did anyone choose the Teryx for other reason than the v-twin, stability, or suspension?

Hmm, I would have thought someone who have chosen it cause they cannot open the hood. LOL honestly, what about logetivity, did anyone choose it because they felt it would last longer than a Rhino?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Why Teryx?

I bought mine when they first came out, I live in San Diego which is a big off road community. There was alot of hype about the Teryx being the next big thing with unreal engine and suspension potential. I raced baja for 3 seasons in class 10 and when I wanted a side by side, I totally looked at the length and the size of the a arms the frame and then I compared the components to the rhino. The Kawi's parts are bigger, they look like they can handle some abuse, the rhino looks like the parts belong on a moped. I thought that since the arms were wider and beefier than the Rhino, that I would be able to get alot more travel just by changing out the stock shocks. I know that Rhinos can do some amazing things with just aftermarket shocks. (sixty foot tabletops etc.) Well after I bought one of the first teryx's in San Diego (for too much money) I realized that the cv binds on the a arm so travel will be limited to 9 or 10 inches with stock arms. Still decent but not what I hoped for. I've driven prerunners and race cars, but my teryx is reliable and while it doesn't go as fast it still amazes everyone I take on runs. No one can believe what that Kawasaki golf cart looking thing can do totally stock. I'm amazed, I'd buy another one in a heart beat. Best of all, It fits in my toyhauler and my prerunner didn't which is better for the wife and kids.

·
Registered
722 Posts
What a great post and great insight on the machine. Your baja experience and the fact you bought a teryx makes me feel better about my choice. Do you plan on using it in the dunes next season. what are your plans for your machine?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Why teryx

I hope to go to the dunes alot more in the future , Glamis or Pismo with the family, everyone I know goes to Ocatillo or Plaster city, so I'll have to figure out how to drive in the dunes. The dunes are probably what the Teryx does best. Another friend of mine just bought one so maybe he'll go out to Glamis, if not this year, next year, Too hot now.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hopefully next year we can get a TeryxHQ gathering together at the dunes. I will have to see what I can do to get one organized with enough people are interested.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd do my best to go to a Teryx gathering in the dunes, I saw a Rhino run at Glamis one time and there were hundreds of Rhinos there. I was riding a bike at the time. Too hot right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts