Teryx HQ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went out and measured my door opening on the toy hauler. It measures 73", and according to kawasaki.com the Teryx is 75" tall. My question is, If I lower the tire pressure will I gain enough where it will fit under the door?:confused:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
It may...others have had to do that as well.

I know my buddy had to do something with the bunk beds to get his Joyer to fit.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Yes lowering the tires should work but you can always bay a cage from us 4" lower then stock

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Worse case scenereo, find someone who is selling or giving away their factory wheels and get the smallest tires you can get to fit. You know how they do it on the desert trucks, they utilize small tires while in the trailer and then swap out the tires they run when they take it out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I dont have the over head bed in the way just the top of the door is @ 73". My bed folds down from the side. I'd hate to buy the thing and get it home and it not fit:mad:

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Well my friend, if it does not fit in your trailer, it will fit in my garage, therefore, I would be happy to take it off your hands for you.

Seriously though, do you have any intentions of doing an aftermarket cage? You can always get a lowered cage to solve your problem as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my friend, if it does not fit in your trailer, it will fit in my garage, therefore, I would be happy to take it off your hands for you.

Seriously though, do you have any intentions of doing an aftermarket cage? You can always get a lowered cage to solve your problem as well.
I plan on doing the cage and back seat but that would be down the road a bit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure if this would help but might. Can the roll cage bolts be loosened enough to slide the cage back to get it into the toy hauler?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I suppose you could probably remove the four front bolts and two of the rear to have it swivel. Best bet is try to air down, if that does not work, then loosing or even removing the cage may have to be an option. But as I said, you could also look at getting smaller replacement wheels and tires to oufit on the machine while it is in the trailer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Since you won't be thrashing it getting it on the trailer. Try to find some used 18-20 inch tires on 10" rims. If you can find some off of a sport bike that was used for motocross, all of the dish will be to the outside,so they won't rub the a-arms. That should make it clear.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Ahhh Trail Logic you have my Raptor...I am sorry, I am just not going to be able to allow you to hang around here anymore ;)

Ok assuming that not everyone has an additional $50K to through down (points to himself), I say start with airing down the tires, airing back up is cheap :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Airing down will help some not sure how much. I have also seen guys use ratchet straps to compress the suspenion that is another option. All of these will work until you can get a new cage. Mine is 4 inches shorter and looks sharp.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My toy hauler rear door opening is 12 inches too short. I am going to have a door made and the frame enlarged for about $1400.00.

A lot cheaper than a new trailer.

Just another idea to consider..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My toy hauler rear door opening is 12 inches too short. I am going to have a door made and the frame enlarged for about $1400.00.

A lot cheaper than a new trailer.

Just another idea to consider..
Holy cow, I guess I should be glad my door is only 2" short. Wow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts