Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a winch for my 2009 and I'm looking for advice. I am going to use mine to plow and I need to buy everything to do that. Ive always liked Warn and am looking at the xt40 with synthetic rope and wireless remote but man they are expensive. I wondered if anyone has had good luck with any other brands like the vipers? Viper seems to have everything I want at half the cost (except wireless remote). Seems like hunterworks.com is the place to buy them. So can anyone give me knowledge of those? Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a 5000 lbs viper winch and am planning on using it to plow. I have only used it a few times but works great and came with everything to install it. I think if you buy a viper winch you want to stay 4500 lbs or higher, they have a static brake that keeps the winch from being pulled out with the weight of the winch hanging on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it we worth going to the elite model? I can get the 4500 elite wide spool with the dash rocker switch and mounting plate for $424. That seems good. If I get max and add that stuff I would be up to $390. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got a MT 4000 Warn, which is for a side by side. In my opinion, you get what you pay for. I've had other brands, but none has worked as good as a Warn. Maybe you don't need a real strong winch for a plow, but I've pulled alot of people out of muck & mud, and I'm glad I have a Warn.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i have the viper 4500 and have pulled alot of utv's (including myself) out of the muck, no complaints here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts