Teryx HQ banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new Teryx owner and looking for ideas on a windshield. Any good aftermarket ones? How about customs by the owners?

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
After spending a day in the rain and hail and another two days of riding in cooler temps I am looking into a windshield for sure. I would like a two piece that the top can come off and on pretty easily now the search is on. I like the trail armor one though.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
That is one clean setup there. I want the ability to take off the top half for warmer months but I bet that works killer nice mod.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just picked up a base model Teryx and I ordered the full windshield from Kawasaki and I am glad I did. I have been pleased with it so far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have an idea to build a windshield I will throw out there for criticque. I want to buy the plexiglass from TAP plalstics and have them bend it down 90 degrees at the bottom so that instead of going straight and sitting on top of the hood it will turn down in front of the dash. I will have to mount it between the roll cage posts and not on top of them to make this work. I will trim it to match the profile of the hood (where the hood screws to the dash) and remove those screws and screw the windshield to the dash in the same holes. I will put a thin foam tape type seal between these to water tight the connection. If I oversize the holes in the plastic a bit it may give this connection enough flexibility to keep it from cracking. I want to make this a split windshield so the top part folds down like the golf cart ones. I need to check out the golf carts to get better ideas on how to do this. I think I can attach this windshield to the frame with the same billet bracket that my flag attaches to. I think it might look cool with the billet brackets and the roll down to the dash. Another idea is to make this lower rolled section out of dark smoked glass and only bring it up a few inches on the roll cage so it doesn't block visibility. It may add a touch of class. The balance of the windshield would be two pieces of clear with the top half folding down onto the bottom half. I am hoping I can accomplish this with double sided snaps. Hope this is all understandable and I welcome any criticism.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
I think is sounds like a great idea! One thing to keep in mind, you do not was to seal the top and bottom of the windshield. You can do the bottom, however, you need to be able to allow air-flow over the top. Without doing this, you will create a vaccum within the cab and will find that having a windshield is actually worse than not having one.

Keep us informed, I am interested to see how it turns out!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good idea. I have thought about this and figured I would help things out by going with smoked glass low and have a relief between this and the clear glass similar to the trail armour version. Thanks for your input.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Yes that would work...I think it is a great idea. My buddy made one that was full, but he did not leave any gaps...lets just say he had more dirt in his machine than what was out in the desert, lol.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Trail Armor CoolFlo Windshield

Anyone out there try out the Trail Armor CoolFlo Windshield yet??? It looks pretty good but also a pretty $$$$$$$$. Need to get one now because it is getting cooler out and winter will be here sooner than later!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sorry, I've been busy, heres the pictures I took. First off, let me say the look of this windshield is fantastic, but the distortion is too high , in my opinion. I can't tell you if it vibrates, because I only rode around the house. I measured the thickness and it is 0.122 or so, I don't know if that is too thin or not. The folks at Powermadd have been the greatest and I hate that this is not what I expected, I'm afraid that the type of riding we do that the distortion would be a hindrance in the woods. For open areas, it might not be a issue. Look at the pictures and tell me what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was considering buying a set of the stock windshield mounts and cutting a piece of plastic to fit above the factory le windshield that would come out with four bolts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I purchesed a piece of lexan big enough to make a half windshield and a full winshield.(150 $ canadian)Im going to attach it with rubber coated loop clamps that I ordered from a local hardware store (10$)Sealed with thick weather stipping (free)lol If my clamps come in tomorrow Ill install it....with some pics of course.If not then monday.Next are some doors.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Sounds great my friend, I am sure everyone will be anxious to see how it turns out!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hey $kidoo, who did you get the Lexan from? Tried around here and can only get plexiglass. Just wondering if would have same supplier in Alberta?

·
Registered
20 Posts
how about the clamps I cannot find any rubber coated clamps, Lowe's have some but not big enough to go around the roll bar.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Most hardware stores will have the clamps or else an electrical supplier should have some big enough because I have gotten some from a local supplier that are made for heavy cable. Maybe a plumbing supplier also???

1 - 20 of 42 Posts