Teryx HQ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my windshild that came with my 2008 Teryx because the cold weather is on the way. But this being a used Teryx this is first time I have used the windshild and it did not take long to discover that somehow dirt form the road was being sucked up front. My wife and I had to turn around it was so bad. I don't understand all the dynamics of air flow but this full size window on the front did create a problem with dirt comeing in. Does anyone else have a full window with dusty roads and have you had this problem?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Everyone does, it creates a vacuum, the air flows under the vehicle, up the tailgate over bed to windshield and out sides. Don't ask how I tested this but when we made windshields I did, there was a shi tzu involved.

A vented or tilting windshield will help, half ones don't much

Todd

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Hunterworks,

You sound like you know about windows. I was wondering how a half window would work? I am thinking about cutting my window down so it allows some air flow from the front. I have already taking the window off because the dirt was so bad we would have to wear dust masks to drive on these desert roads.

I am sure the dirt or dust is not as bad in some other areas where people have real dirt but with this sand and the fine powdered dust this sucking in of air from the tail gate is a real problem for driving the Teryx.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It will still suck dirt in with the small half windshield that Kawasaki provides/sells. In our dusty conditions I don't run the half windshield until after we get some rain/snow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the heads up it looks like I will try to survive as long as I can without the windshield. But in the mean time for those times when I would like to use the windshield I think I will modify the window I have and slide it up as suggested and see what happens. I am sure a windshield is nice during cold weather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts