Teryx HQ banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, like most of you I have wires running throughout the inside of the cage. Unfortunately, like most of you, I have to remove my cage to get the hood off. With that said, I would like to put some quick disconnects at the base of where the wire heads up the a-pillar. Any ideas where I can pick up some single male and female disconnects that are at the least weather resistant?

Thanks!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey everyone, like most of you I have wires running throughout the inside of the cage. Unfortunately, like most of you, I have to remove my cage to get the hood off. With that said, I would like to put some quick disconnects at the base of where the wire heads up the a-pillar. Any ideas where I can pick up some single male and female disconnects that are at the least weather resistant?

Thanks!
Why not use bullet connectors? JEGS 10737 - JEGS Premium Heat Seal Crimp Connector Kit - JEGS

Or use a weather resistant multiconnector for Whip/Lights, ect...MSD Weathertight Sealed Connectors - JEGS

You might be able to find locally at Fastenal, Grainger

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was gonna suggest the same thing az amsoil, the weather tight multi-connector is the way you wanna go IMO. Bullets are good, or even the spade style, but then you must connect/re-connect each wire individually ricking the chance of damaging the wire to connector integrity.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
73 Posts
I cust my plastic hood on both sides so I can remove it without taking the cage off. Still is tight to get it off but it works better for me than taking the cage off everytime I want the hood off.

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I am not sure that I want to cut the hood right now. I am not expecting to remove my cage, just in the case that I do, would like to have the disconnects :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I used the weather pack connectors, or GM style they are called also, worked out perfect.

Most of my add-ons have them, easy on, easy off, just in case.

glamisrob, can you post a few pictures, please.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm using the weather pack connectors. Available at Kartek for those of you in so cal...

·
Registered
165 Posts
I cust my plastic hood on both sides so I can remove it without taking the cage off. Still is tight to get it off but it works better for me than taking the cage off everytime I want the hood off.
I did the same thing screw taking cage off at 6 points actually seven

·
Registered
165 Posts
I used the k-4 connectors, not too bad to put together....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts