Teryx HQ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a used 2008 Teryx. Started it up, drove off trailer, down the block, let it run in driveway for 10 minutes to charge battery, shut if off and now it won't start/turn over. There is an alarm of some sort going off and something under the center console trying to do something. No manuals to give me a clue! Anyone know what I did/didn't do? Had a trickle charger on it all night. Shift lever says it is in neutral and I'm leaving the park brake on to try and start it but same result - won't turn over, alarm sounds and something sounds like it is trying to move under center console. If it is an "engine brake" is there a way to over ride this for start up?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just picked up a used 2008 Teryx. Started it up, drove off trailer, down the block, let it run in driveway for 10 minutes to charge battery, shut if off and now it won't start/turn over. There is an alarm of some sort going off and something under the center console trying to do something. No manuals to give me a clue! Anyone know what I did/didn't do?
check the battery connections. If you have a volt meter check the battery it might be dead. If not just jump start it. You might have to fully charge the battery.

·
Registered
526 Posts
The first owner could of put a alarm on the parking brake. Make sure brake is not on.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Like Todd said try pressing the brake pedal before starting, it will start in nuetral or in gear if you have the brake pushed so this will just make sure its not your nuetral switch if that don't work try jump start

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK...I've got a lot to learn:) You were right...all I had to do was press the brake. I tried that last night but obviously not hard enough. Also, turns out it wasn't in neutral...I confirmed this once I got it going. Gonna have to learn how to adjust the linkage. Given I couldn't figure out the brake thing the linkage should be a challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts