Teryx HQ banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from ohio just got 09 LE , love it so far. I got it to plow out of ohio winters, but made a track around property .What a blast. have to admit i thought it was going to be more utility then recreation, wow was i wrong :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome . What part of Ohio are you from ?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome . What part of Ohio are you from ?
Any good riding around ur area? I'm from west Middlesex pa, near Sharon, Mercer.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey eez , Good to see a nieghbor on here. All of these places require a registration and liability insurance . A few places you'll want to check out would be Allegheny National forest ( Marienville & Timberline trails ) . These are the only 2 in the forest that allow UTV's . Mines & Meadows in Wampum Pa . near Beaver is fun and you can take an underground guided tour through an old limestone mine. 4 Seasons ATV Resort near Claysville Pa. Just off Int 79 near the OHIO line . It's kinda like a KOA campground with a 12 room motel , pool , general store and cafateria/lodge all for ATV / UTV owners . You'll also want to make a trip down to ride Rock Run Offroad park . It's a big place and has all kinds of trails from easy to Ohhh SH%#T . Not much around the area though , so take everything you think you'll need while your there. I would'nt waist my time at Slippery Rock Dunes unless you have small children . It's very small , but has an MX track and flat track and a truck mudbog area.
Google , Rider Planet USA then choose Pennsylvania and you'll see most of the places I'm telling you about and allot more . If you decide to join a club , I belong to Tri-County ATV & Rescue . BIG place , tons of trails , nice people and a nice clubhouse .

Hope this helps you to get out and enjoy your new machine.
Rick.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hello from ohio just got 09 LE , love it so far. I got it to plow out of ohio winters, but made a track around property .What a blast. have to admit i thought it was going to be more utility then recreation, wow was i wrong :D
Are you anywhere close to Wooster Ohio that is where Glenn at AMR (After Midnight Racing) is located.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey eez , Good to see a nieghbor on here. All of these places require a registration and liability insurance . A few places you'll want to check out would be Allegheny National forest ( Marienville & Timberline trails ) . These are the only 2 in the forest that allow UTV's . Mines & Meadows in Wampum Pa . near Beaver is fun and you can take an underground guided tour through an old limestone mine. 4 Seasons ATV Resort near Claysville Pa. Just off Int 79 near the OHIO line . It's kinda like a KOA campground with a 12 room motel , pool , general store and cafateria/lodge all for ATV / UTV owners . You'll also want to make a trip down to ride Rock Run Offroad park . It's a big place and has all kinds of trails from easy to Ohhh SH%#T . Not much around the area though , so take everything you think you'll need while your there. I would'nt waist my time at Slippery Rock Dunes unless you have small children . It's very small , but has an MX track and flat track and a truck mudbog area.
Google , Rider Planet USA then choose Pennsylvania and you'll see most of the places I'm telling you about and allot more . If you decide to join a club , I belong to Tri-County ATV & Rescue . BIG place , tons of trails , nice people and a nice clubhouse .

Hope this helps you to get out and enjoy your new machine.
Rick.
I live 10 mile from ohio river near East Liverpool,& Wellsville alot of peaple ride a place called yellow creek down by river ,but its soon to be shut down. Thanks for info i'll google that rider planet & check it out

·
Registered
318 Posts
4*dad, thanks a lot, I'm registered and insured so I'm up for any pa riding areas, some of us neighbors should get together for a ride sometime, let me know when ur heading to a spot and I would try to meet. Most of my riding buddies bought there machines in oh to save on tax and are content to ride local private properties but I'm bored with it and need to find more ppl to ride with

·
Registered
13 Posts
4x4 dad, I read on Mines and Meadows that they have a 25 mph speed limit. Is that for real? I'm far from a mad man but its not hard to go that fast. I would like to try it out but I don't want to be bored to death. Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
It would be great to get together with you guys . I'm a shift worker though and it makes it hard to make plans more than a couple days in advance . I will probably be at Mines & Meadows June 4th or 5th into the 6th because I'm coordinating a SXS ride for handicap children on the 6th there . I would assume ALL riding areas post a 25 mph limit , but if you use caution and consideration for other riders , you could speed in highly visible open areas . Then I'm off for vacation the rest of that week . I was thinking of heading up to Rt. 6 near the Ski Denton area . I was just talking with the owner of the Potato City Inn and was informed there is a ton ( 120 miles ) of unofficial ATV trails on the north side of Rt.6 that is used regularly by all the locals of the area . You also have the 45 miles of official forest trails on the south side of 6 . All the trails are accessable right of the parking lot of the Inn . If you google the Inn , you'll also see a Jamboree coming up in September . Hope to catch you guys at some of these . Keep in touch , ya never Know when I can go .

Rick.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I live 10 mile from ohio river near East Liverpool,& Wellsville alot of peaple ride a place called yellow creek down by river ,but its soon to be shut down. Thanks for info i'll google that rider planet & check it out
Are you close to Big Rock atv park in Kentucky? It is right on the Ohio river in north eastern KY. Decent place to ride..

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey 74 , I checked the map , he's up near me at the Pa. line near the turnpike . We have some decent ride areas near there , but nothing like the areas within a couple of hours of your location . Your sitting in a great area .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts