Teryx HQ banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking about it and was curious. Is Yamaha going to stick with the single 700 or are they going to release a twin of some sort.

Seems to me that the Teryx is going to give them a run for their money, so I am wondering how they are going to react for next model year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In a few days both Yamaha and Suzuki will be unveiling its '09 models, we can only wait and see to know exactly. Better suspension and more powerful engine couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Someone just posted this on ridingarizona...

I copied this from an Arctic Cat site. This is from a dealer who posts there. This is what he saw at the show today......

Prowler XTZ 1000 , has hood scoop & handbrake, relocated air intake system, hi-perf shocks. 600lbs in the bed. 70mph+ accordingly to the engineer & the diff breakage is fixed..metallic sunset orange (think 07 700 LE color)

No sport Prowler. The stakebed is a flatbed (non-dump) with stake sides.
There are also new parts & accessories to build a "Baja" Prowler. Roll cage add-ons, spare tire rack, etc..

Prowler XTZ 1000 MSRP is $13999
550 H1 Stakebed is $9499

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am obviously not a power sports analyst, however, does it not seem like they need to do something with the powertrain to ensure they stay competitive with the rest of the market?

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I will quote what Yamaha told me" Why would we spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to sell 100 percent of what we already sell 100 percent of. When sales go down we will"

This makes perfect business sense to me. My fear is the others will have gotten such a hold that they can't catch back up.

In my opinion they make the best all around UTV but it needs a bigger motor. I think they have all the bugs out and now it simply needs a V-twin!!

·
CommanderTalk.com
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But correct me if I am wrong, however, have sales not gone down? Maybe it is just a visual thing, however, it sure appears that a lot of the Rhinos are still sitting on the lot at the dealers. Please understand I am not talking down about the Rhino...it is a great machine and I know A LOT of people that own them. I guess my concern is that the entire market are going with these v-twin powertrains and they are still sitting on a single cylinder. When other v-twin UTVs start hitting the market, I wonder if they will see their market share decrease?

What do I know though...Yamaha could have engineers working on their v-twin powered UTV with power steering for 2010 as we speak.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I will quote what Yamaha told me" Why would we spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to sell 100 percent of what we already sell 100 percent of. When sales go down we will"
I agree with them somewhat.....I would think that to stay number 1, you have to innovate and change with the "coming times" They did that with the fuel injection and power steering, but to keep the same model with no major changes, you become stagnate and once you fall behind in this field, you never come back.

This makes perfect business sense to me. My fear is the others will have gotten such a hold that they can't catch back up.
Look at Suzuki. They had the first quad, first quadracer and then they quit coming up with something new, innovated and ground breaking. I feel Suzuki has fallen so far behind that they will never come back. That is the main reason I have switched from Suzuki to Kawasaki Quads.

Honda is living on reputation alone and are seeing their market slip away and I'm afraid the "Big Red" will do nothing for their sales either.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Seems Yamaha was too busy making the new Grizzly 550...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Only color changes on 09 Rhino. Only change is possible Power steering. Larger engine next year. (2010)
I would much rather have more improved chassis and suspension than a larger engine and power steering. Without good handling the motor is worthless. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts