Teryx HQ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, now that the motor is torn down we can see the damage caused by running it out of oil. Cracked the oil sensor at the bottom-rear (passenger side) on the case. I remember the hail of small rocks stuffed under the machine, but was preoccupied with the cut tire. Over the next few operating hours the oil ran out into the sand. Sand has a funny way of concealing fluids. Smoked crank and both rods. Getting a smoking deal on the repair though.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Well, now that the motor is torn down we can see the damage caused by running it out of oil. Cracked the oil sensor at the bottom-rear (passenger side) on the case. I remember the hail of small rocks stuffed under the machine, but was preoccupied with the cut tire. Over the next few operating hours the oil ran out into the sand. Sand has a funny way of concealing fluids. Smoked crank and both rods. Getting a smoking deal on the repair though.
So what are you gonna do to the motor? Back to stock or go big.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what are you gonna do to the motor? Back to stock or go big.
I'm on the fence right now. I was gonna go 840, but with the cost of both crank and rods ... it may have to wait. It's getting stronger rods now regardless, in the event that future mods may require them. I may simply repair the motor now and then go big later.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another warranty repair? :laugh:
No nothing that shady. I just have a cert mechanic that's doing it on the side and charging around dealer cost for parts. I'm getting the crank and rods (upgrade to Carrillo H-Beam) for $1150 assembled. Can't complain too much about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts